Southampton v Hull City
* Hull beat Southampton earlier in the season – but the Saints had won the previous 6 meetings between the sides.
* The omens aren’t good for Hull – they haven’t won at Southampton since 1951.
* Hull have also won away from home once all season – and that was their first match.
* That said, Saints have lost 4 of their last 7 home matches in the PL, winning only 2.
* Saints have also lost their last 2 matches, conceding 7.
Stoke City v West Ham United
* The sides drew 1-1 earlier in the season. Indeed, 4 of their last 5 meetings have ended all square.
* Stoke have lost 5 of their last 6 matches – the other match was a win over Hull.
* West Ham have won 1 of their last 10 matches, although they are unbeaten in 3.
* The Hammers have scored 20 goals from set pieces this season – more than any other team in the PL.
* Stoke have drawn a blank in 4 of their last 7 matches.
Sunderland v AFC Bournemouth
* Sunderland will be relegated if they don’t match Hull’s result.
* Sunderland beat Bournemouth earlier in the season – a win will the the Black Cats’ first double of the season.
* But Sunderland have lost 7 of their last 9 matches and haven’t won at home this year.
* However, Bournemouth’s record away from home is pretty rubbish – 2 wins in their last 19.
* Bournemouth have conceded 32 goals this year, 6 more than any other side.
West Bromwich Albion v Leicester City
* West Brom won 1-2 in the reverse fixture earlier in the season.
* However, the Baggies are out of form, having won 1 of their last 7, including 4 defeats.
* Leicester have taken 1 point from their last 3 outings.
* Albion have gone 4 matches without scoring.
* Leicester have won just 1 of their last 19 away matches (12 defeats)
Crystal Palace v Burnley (5.30)
* Burnley won 3-2 against Palace at Turf Moor earlier in the season.
* Palace have won 6 of their last 9 league matches
* Burnley have earned just 4 points on their travels this season, with no wins.
* Burnley have scored just twice in their last 6 games – and only once from open play.
* The last 9 matches between the sides have been shared – 3 wins each and 3 draws.
The post Footballnewz’s guide to today’s Premier League matches appeared first on Footballnewz.
The post Footballnewz’s guide to today’s Premier League matches appeared first on Football Gifts Direct.
Source: Football Gifts Direct