– The population of the UK grew by an estimated 1,083 people a day between 2017 and 2018.
– On average, a UK household spends £4.05 a day on water, electricity and gas.
– 340 people a day were declared insolvent or bankrupt in England and Wales in April to June 2019. This was equivalent to one person every 4 minutes and 14 seconds.
– In Northern Ireland, there were 8 insolvencies per day and in Scotland 39 insolvencies per day.
– Citizens Advice Bureaux in England and Wales dealt with 2,566 debt issues every day in the year to July 2019.
– 14 properties were repossessed every day in Q2 2019 in England and Wales, or one every 1 hour and 43 minutes.
– The number of UK mortgages with arrears of over 2.5% of the remaining balance fell by 6 a day.
– The number of people unemployed in the UK fell by 90 per day in the year to June 2019.
– 1,143 people a day reported they had become redundant in April to June 2019.
– Net lending to individuals and housing associations in the UK grew by £127 million a day in June 2019.
– Government debt increased by £115.1 million a day in the year to July 2019.
– Borrowers paid £139 million a day in interest in June 2019.
– It costs an average of £22.95 per day for a couple to raise a child from birth to the age of 18.
– For a lone parent family, the cost of raising a child comes to £27.90 per day.
– 68 mortgage possession claims and 44 mortgage possession orders were made every day in England and Wales in April to June 2019.
– 293 landlord possession claims and 235 landlord possession orders were made every day
Personal Debt in the UK
People in the UK owed £1,642 billion at the end of June 2019. This is up from £1,596 billion at the end of June 2018, an extra £887 per UK adult over the year.
|Type of Personal Debt||Total Personal Debt £billion||Per Household £||Per Adult £|
|Secured (Mortgages)||£1,4242 billion||£51,309||£27,004|
|Unsecured Consumer Debt||£218.1 billion||£7,856||£4,135|
|Of Which, Credit Card||£72.9 billion||£2,625||£1,381|
|Grand Total (May 2019)||£1,642.3 billion||£59,166||£31,139|
The average total debt per household, including mortgages, was £59,166 and per adult was £31,139, around 111.0% of average earnings. This is up from a revised £31,067 a month earlier.
Based on June 2019 trends, the UK’s total interest payments on personal debt over a 12-month period would have been £50,803 million, an average of £139 million per day. The average annual interest per household would have been £1,849, and per person £963, 3.4% of average earnings.
According to the Office for Budget Responsibility’s March 2019 forecast, household debt is forecast to reach £2.425 trillion in 2023-24. This would make the average household debt £86,388 (assuming household numbers track ONS population projections.)
Statistics Source: https//www.themoneycharity.org.uk
We have provided many people with personal debt help in the UK – view our testimonials here.
You can also contact Janet by email on email@example.com, or by text or calling on 07545 806 531.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!