- The population of the UK grew by an estimated 1,166 people a day between 2017 and 2018.
- On average, a UK household spends £4.05 a day on water, electricity and gas.
- 350 people a day were declared insolvent or bankrupt in January to March 2019. This was equivalent to one person every 4 minutes and 7 seconds.
- 3,567 Consumer County Court Judgements (CCJs) were issued every day in England and Wales in Q1 2019, with an average value of £1,398.
- Citizens Advice Bureaux in England, Wales and Northern Ireland dealt with 2,527 debt issues every day in the year to May 2019.
- 15 properties were repossessed every day in Q1 2019, or one every 1 hour and 34 minutes.
- The number of mortgages with arrears of over 2.5% of the remaining balance fell by 8 a day.
- The number of people unemployed fell by 307 per day in the year to March 2019.
- 1,213 people a day reported they had become redundant in January to March 2019.
- Net lending to individuals and housing associations in the UK grew by £148 million a day in April 2019.
- Government debt increased by £96.2 million a day in the year to May 2019.
- Borrowers paid £139 million a day in interest in April 2019.
- It costs an average of £22.95 per day for a couple to raise a child from birth to the age of 18.
- For a lone parent family, the cost of raising a child comes to £27.90 per day.
- 68 mortgage possession claims and 48 mortgage possession orders were made every day in January to March 2019.
- 337 landlord possession claims and 263 landlord possession orders were made every day.
Personal Debt in the UK
People in the UK owed £1,637 billion at the end of April 2019. This is up from £1,588 billion at the end of April 2018, an extra £946.00 per UK adult over the year.
|Type of Personal Debt||Total Personal Debt £ billion||Per Household £||Per Adult £|
|Secured (Mortgages)||£1,420.3 billion||£51,799||£27,093|
|Unsecured Consumer Debt||£217.0 billion||£7,914||£4,139|
|of Which, Credit Card Debt||£72.7 billion||£2,653||£1,387|
|Grand Total(April 2019)||£1,637.3 billion||£59,713||£31,232|
Statistics Source: http//www.themoneycharity.org.uk
Personal Debt in Hereford
We have assisted many people with personal debt in Hereford – view our testimonials here.
You can also contact Janet by email on email@example.com, or by text or calling on 07545 806 531.
Don’t wait until it’s too late!